Monday, January 09, 2006

portland is very pleasant

i am still awe struck and joyous about the wedding.

so many amazing things were done for us for the wedding that pondering it for only an instant is very humbling, and any longer prompts a tear.

brielle and i are spending this week in portland.


best quotes of the week:
"so i was in the marines for a while. . . that was a good time" -ian
"you made me blush" -seth
"so, yeah we missed the wine tasting" -matt
"no, i refuse to do that" -brielle referring to drinking our first toast with our arms entwined.


things that are missing since the move:
-quackbert
-the mp3 cd that galon gave to me (this may in fact be in grinnell still)
. . . to be continued


p.s. i find myself bordering on cliché these days and it may continue for sometime. i cannot say for sure how long. as a consolation i do have permission from a good friend adam (currently in Bangladesh) who may be the only person on the earth who hates clichés more that brielle and i.

4 comments:

me said...

you two are cool.

Books said...

Matthew,

You are married and that is weird. And wonderful. My wholehearted hugs and blessings on you both. I would say that I wish I was there, but I'm not sure that I wish I was there for your honeymoon. The wedding, of course, I was sad to miss. I can't wait to hear about it and see photos. I also have something to send you and require your address. You are a grown up now, I expect you to behave like one.

Loves,
Lo

Anonymous said...

Matt & Brielle,
just wanted to extend my random congratulations, it sounds like you guys had an amazing wedding...
i actually had an even more random dream about seeing you guys after you got married, except Brielle was a girl from my high school that I haven't seen or thought about for at least 5 years. sorry Brielle, but don't worry about it, my dreams usually don't come true.:)
i'm incredibly happy for you both...

IT Houston said...

We all love our wittle matty matt