Wednesday, December 07, 2005

the world is spinning

I met with my theatre staff last night. We had the obligatory "I couldn't have done this with out you/things are going to change with the new manager" meeting. I say that tongue in cheek now but it is true. My staff made it fun to come into work. Last night was the first time I really felt how much I am going to miss this place and these people. I don’t know how much things are going to change with the new manager but I made some guesses and tried to prepare them a little. Adrian asked me how much time I think she will need to get the hang of things (her move in date has moved again as her apartment will not be available yet, and now we have a grand total of 2 days of overlap, before I am on my way to Oregon) and I was tempted to say “well, if you really want to be prepared to run the theatre where it is now I would recommend being here since last December,” but I didn’t. She will do fine and in good time I think she may even do well.

Tonight is the last volleyball game of the regular season. It should be a good match, but I do not expect to lose more than 1 game out of the 3. We have been really solid the second half of this season. I doubt I will ever find a group of people as fun as this to play volleyball with. I will seek out some prospects in Eugene none the less.

Party in Grinnell this week if you have not heard. Brielle (a.k.a. the love of my life), Sarah (a.k.a. my favorite sister), Katy, Ross, Reid, and a handful of others are coming to visit. If you are still trying to decided whether to come, the weekend is likely to include: darts, good food, a private showing of Chronicles of Narnia, some good beer, general chill time in my apartment (I promise to turn the heat on), and a free concert at Grinnell College on Saturday night featuring Hockey Night and Anueretical. I have not heard of either band but historically Grinnell College has an amazing track record of finding good bands early in their career.

7 more days till i move.
31 till i marry.
my life is already not the same.

9 comments:

ah said...

I'm glad you kept with the countdown. I was just wondering how many days you had left..!

(HOCKEY NIGHT?? Woooo!)

Kathlyn D said...

if sarah is your favorite sister and brielle is the love of your life, what kind of title do i get?

Books said...

please let me come...please let me grow wings...please freeze time so Matt won't go so far away...

jack. said...

dearest matt,

i wish, i wish, i wish i could join the festivities.

jack.

Anonymous said...

yeah, why don't I get a cool a.k.a.?
-Reid

Jewels said...

i know i'm a little late, but i wish i could come to the party too AND get an a.k.a. AND grow wings and fly through the giant snow flakes falling right now.

Adam said...

I'm so there. And I'm bringin the Bud. (weiser. Not "bud.")

r.c.f. said...

*insert unoriginal way of making fun of matt for never telling any more cool stories or updating his fricken blog*

Anonymous said...

Adrian is not doing fine. In fact she's already started clearing out the people she doesn't like. Holli's quit and Aimee's been fired. How's that for doing fine?