Sunday, September 11, 2005

Another Night On The Town

Been at the Down Under Pub every night this week, Amber Bock pints all around. Tonight was probably my favorite so far though. Bruce and I won 6 pool games in a row (picture a 6' 2" Hagred from Harry Potter and you won't be too far off) and I had a great chat with Bobby from Bulgaria (the true home of feta cheese so they say). This guy Bobby has a great mastery of the English language but has these pauses in his speech that reminds me of a small child learning to talk.

I almost hate to burden you readers with this, but I really miss my love. With school starting we have cut back on show times at the theatre and that combined with Brielle being back at school, I don't seem to know what to do with myself. I find myself just sitting and thinking about times past: from Brielle's first night in Grinnell to the time Ethan and I walked across campus to visit Laura completely covered in bubble wrap from head to toe. Ani Difranco says that "Art is why I get up in the morning." I think the love of friends (or the memory there of) gets me up.

I tracked down one of the fellas that was at my house the night of the "robbery." It turns out that we (Adam Brenaman and I) had invited him up, but that his "friend" was the one that walked off with my items. He apologized up and down many times as we talked and professed his adherence to karma (karma is real) and how he felt terrible that he had brought this into my house. He offered to replace the items and buy me a shot/beer every time we see each other for the foreseeable future, but I said that my stuff back would be more than enough. Time will tell what really happens.

Watched 40 Yr Old Virgin and Red Eye as I ate my Chinese on Friday. Laughed real good at 40 Yr Old and spilled my burning hot soup on myself during Red Eye (have a red mark on my forearm as I write this).

Yeah I got nothing really. Just some random news.

Love you all.

Peace.

8 comments:

jack. said...

good work on getting another post up there. i liked red eye as well. i'm really leary of seeing 40 year old virgin. are you getting exorcism of emily rose?

jjjjack

Books said...

Red eye was an entertaining little flick, not too shabby.

I want to see Constant Gardner.

Here are a few more memories for those morning hours:

-your cat talking to me on the gigasmic bean bag
-discussing Ani's impact on our lives in the camp van
-slyvia plathe in the duplex basement
-imitating Garden State on the top of the Marquee
-the bathroom chart/equation
-invasion of CABIN G-funk (me dragging the toilet into the night air)
-turkey run
-frisbee in the mall
-sick bear

Books said...

HEY! I liked the old link better. May God rebuke you for your false accusations.

jack. said...

i saw the constant gardener in hamilton two weekends ago. i liked it. very good. the direction and cinematography were grand. if i had to pick a favorite it would be the cinematography.

...jack.

nokomis said...

hey poopface!

i miss you

what else is there to say?

you should come to our dance party this weekend

Anonymous said...

No your the poop face BB

gerard said...

nope no exorcisms in grinnell. i dont think they believe in them (wait. isn't that the point of the movie?).

we are slotted to get constant gardener the first week of october. from what you cats say, i look forward to it.

(note to self: look into being exempt from your own word verification. dont tell anyone that you got two wrong in a row.)

Anonymous said...

3/4 tonight. Played on mostly small tables, which reminded me of Grinnell. Two Souix chicks and I went out and they showed me 3 new bars in town.

D