Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A History Of Violence

So I watched A History of Violence yesterday. Took a short drive to Marshalltown and got in for free since it is also a Fridley Theatre. And to tell you the truth I really liked it. And if you have read Laura's blog you will know that she is going to be rather upset with me right now. That is, until she reads that I am just kidding and actually have not seen it and do not plan to see it on her advice. Besides I didn't have any time tonight to watch a movie I had a volleyball game to play.

I have been playing regularly on Sunday afternoons over at Grinnell college with the best group I have ever played with. I don't mean that they are the most talented, although they do especially well alongside there varying ages of 21-65, I mean that they are so very much fun to play with. The regulars include 2 geology profs, the physics lab tech, a high school science teacher, a long route truck driver (complete with sweet long white beard and long white curly hair), and many other college students and college employees. The skill levels are all fairly high and make for great games. Through Sundays I got hooked up with a league team. I played last spring season finishing second and hope to one up that this year. We have a great team, everyone plays well together, and seems to have a great time.

Tonight we won all three games. Part of me wishes the opposing team had one the last one but what can you do. The other team happens to be captained by a fella who left our team after last season. Himself and other currently on our team did not get along so well so I guess it is for the best. With that in mind I was really hoping to play well and we did. To top it off we also won. The end.

I now return myself to the regularly schedualed episode(s) of Six Feet Under (most of the way through season two now, and one can only take so many loses at the chess table before storing his king for the night).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Serenity Rocks