Wednesday, September 21, 2005

No Solid Food for 4 Hours

Finished the second of 2 dentist appointments for my "reconstruction". Went super smooth and since my nap, which ended 2 minutes ago, my face is back to normal. That should be it for the foreseeable future. Another cleaning in 6 months or so but with regular brushing, which I do, and my new habit of flossing, every other day or so, my teeth should be in great shape for some time.

Hit 2 media landmarks last night. I finished book 6 of the Harry Potter series and watched the final episode of Six Feet Under season 1. I believe that I like Harry better but Six Feet Under is very intense and provides some great thoughts/experiences regarding death. So now I join the ranks of fifth graders waiting for book 7 (do you think now is too early to get in line at B&N?). Thanks to someone else’s blog comment (names will be withheld to protect the guilty) the closing of book 6 was not much of a surprise but still good.

Last night as I watched David pray in desperation something like "Lord please help me; Please fill this emptiness with your love" I realized that they are presenting some truth. I don't mean about faith in God, but about our collective struggle to find love and fill our emptiness. I am not stating that I believe the shows writers are Christians and that is why I am intrigued. But simply that I appreciate their presentation of some people’s stories and the human condition. The fact that these stories keep facing the death of others (they run a mortuary) adds a factor that I know almost nothing about. And besides they do a good job with the music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if i am the guilty party i apologize for taking away the pleasure of the end of the book

gerard said...

As far as I know you are not the one that revealed it to me. Regardless the pleasure of the book was not taken away. It was increased.

***Spoiler Alert*** (although alusive)

He knew it was coming and he knew it had to happen. That is why he was upset with the man who fled. However in hope to save the young and innocent he wished that the duty fall on the older. That way the other secret could be kept.