Friday, October 07, 2005

Till Forever


What is it that is so tempting about drawing your name in wet concrete? They poured the sidewalk in front of my house today and with it being so cold it is taking forever to cure. So right now there is a guy sitting out in his van guarding it till morning. I snuck out my front door and peaked out. He didn’t see me but as I knelt over it its smoothness and color defied my desire to mar it and I came back in.





I had a conversation with Nate last night. He is the guy that was invited to hang out with us the night my stuff got stolen; the ‘friend’ of the guy who walked off with some of my things. I asked him if he had had any luck getting my stuff back and he said no, that this guy hasn’t even returned his calls and is a bit of a vagrant. As he was telling me this I realized that he was wearing one of my missing earrings (while Brielle and Sarah were here I realized that all my piercing jewelry is also missing). He swore that he had bought the rings two weeks ago at Hot Topic. I told him I didn’t believe him and I still don’t. This is the same guy that said he was soooo sorry that this friend had done this thing and that he would make it right again. After all, he is a firm believer in karma and doesn’t what this kind of thing coming back to him. Whether or not karma is real I told him if I don’t hear from him by Saturday, that I am filing a police report, like normal people do when this sort of thing happens, and that I am sick of him assuring me that things will be fine and that he “would rather deal with this guy himself.”

Just started season 3 of Six Feet Under. Am fairly disappointed. As much as I hated what she was doing to herself and Nate, I think Brenda may have been my favorite. And so far she is nowhere to be found. Maybe they will get things rolling again. Until then I guess it is back to some good old fashion reading and internet chess.

2 comments:

nokomis said...

kick his ass, Sea Bass!

IT Houston said...

yea where does he live? I'll help.