Friday, November 04, 2005

Bela Fleck & Edgar Meyer



Tonight I saw the best live show I have ever seen. Bela Fleck is an amazing Banjo player and Edgar Meyer played the upright bass and piano. The music was incredible. To see it happen live . . . well it just was.

Meyer plucked and bowed as quickly on his bass as I have only seen a violin or viola played. In fact at times it sounded like a violin.

Near the end of ths show Fleck pulled out a very impressive steel guitar. Not the best track of the night but unique as all the rest.

I guess I can't really say enough about it and at the same time feel like I am saying nothing. All I know is that I felt it. It made me happy, I was focused and then drifting, at times I had tears in my eyes. After each song a nearly deafening roar would start up behind me. The College chapel was packed to the edges and I sat on the floor dead center in the very front. I wish you all could have been there with me.


4 comments:

danny said...

beautiful.

ethan said...

i am so jealous right now. huge bela fleck fan . and fan of edgar meyers as well. i would love to see them in concert. remember when we saw ani and you were "that guy"

Books said...

wish I was there...

Adam said...

Matt when were you that guy?
My advice on the Zelda is once you can get to the red ring, screw the other stuff you "should" buy first and save up your rupees for the red ring. It'll make the rest of the game go faster cuz you don't get hurt as easily. I think that's how it goes anyway.

I wish I could listen to Bela Fleck. See if you can fax him my way.