Sunday, October 30, 2005

Thats Mr. Bouncer Matt to You



Last night I helped out a friend by checking ids at the door of his bar. Little did I know all the crazies would be out, with it being so close to halloween. Night went smoothly though. No one game me much trouble and there wasn't anyone underage that was trying to get in. Highlight of the night came early on. Had only been there about an hour when the door flew open (being in the basement there are a number of stairs that come straight down from the door to me) I looked up just in time to see, and get out of the way of, two flying raccoons coming down the stairs. Yeah, I know, I didn't think they could fly either I thought it was just those floating squirrels that could do that. Well I don't think that they had done much of it either cause they botched the landing and died upon impact. So here I am, my first and only night on the job, and now I have two dead racoons at my feet. I lectured them for a few minutes about the effect of alcohol and how it can be liquid courage for some and cause problems. When I sensed that they weren't really listening I kindly showed them out the back door.

/

4 comments:

nokomis said...

at least you TRIED to reason with them... those damn racoons...

PJS said...

What on earth? Are you serious? Great 'coon photo.

Hey, I listened to both Denali albums, and I would have to say I lean more towards self-titled. It seems much more raw and kick-ass. The songs are structured very unusually, you never know what's coming next. That Maura has one of the best voices I've heard in along time

gerard said...

Yeah he seemed to have the closest likeness to bob and george.

And, yes, true on all fronts.

IT Houston said...

I always knew you were a bouncer at heart matt!