Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Peasants Rejoice

Today they opened the street in front of my house.

While they have some more brick work to do (i.e. sawing at all hours of the morning), the end really is in sight. I will admit that it looks great. Although, with the theatre being down around %40, my employees have been hurting for hours, and me fighting boredom I am not certain it has been worth it. Originally they said that it would take 6 weeks, maybe 8, and with this clocking in at just over 14 it is hard to not be a little bitter or at least sore about it.

I enjoyed myself very much in Sioux Center this past weekend. I hope to make it there again soon.

Just over two months before I get to get a puppy or three. I hope they look much like these



Oh yeah. I am also getting married around the same time and you should come (visit the puppies).

8 comments:

Sara said...

hey matt.
Will the puppies be chocolate labs? I have one at home and would definitely recommend them as Bruno is the friendliest funniest dog I could ever wish for. Three of him would be great...

me said...

matt do you check bringginthegoodnews? anyway i emailed you because that is the address i have for ya.

dogs. love them. i recomment mutts. they are so smart and underappreciated. my first dog was a terrier mix. rocky. and yes, oh boy, did she rock.

r.c.f. said...

now i want to go to the wedding even more. my bro has a chocolate lab and it's pretty much the coolest dog ever. EVER.

gerard said...

Yes, I do believe they will be chocolate labs.

Right now Brielle and I are penciled in for: 3 ducks, 2 chocolate labs, 1 great dane (i hesitate on this one), and a floppy eared bunny rabbit or two. With hopes of raising the dogs and rabbits together as friends.

P.S. After a little more consideration I wonder if we wont have to wait until after the honeymoon and talking with Steven before I can promise that the dogs will be there if you visit.

gerard said...

This picture makes me happy every time I see it.

Holli said...

holy moly! 5 dogs + 3 chickens + rabbits?! and they told me my cats are not welcome :( it's not fair. stupid allergies.

IT Houston said...

No one likes your cats anyways. Muhahahaha

gerard said...

Yep, you guessed it, the picture is making me smile again.